We work with a leading training provider, Purple Cloud Consultancy.
Purple Cloud offer what is the long established “gold standard” of customer service training accross the hospitality, tourism, and leisure industries: the Welcome to Excellence programme and suite of courses.
In addition, Purple Cloud’s highly experienced trainers are the originators of the ground-breaking Art of Being Brilliant.
Working together with Purple Cloud, can create and deliver bespoke training programmes focussed on the goals of improving customer satisfaction, adding value, and increasing sales.
Where appropriate, training programmes can be delivered with the involvement of or input from industry specialists.
Training is delivered with plenty of humour, interaction and engagement, avoiding too much “preaching”, and instead encouraging participants to think for themselves about the importance of great customer experiences and what such a thing “looks like”.
The following key themes are normally involved:
- Reminding staff of the huge difference that a “great” experience makes to a customer, over an “ok” experience
- Helping staff to remember what goes into a great experience
- Recognising that the need for right mind-set and intentions are foundational
- Improving awareness of customer requirements and priorities
- Helping staff to look through the eyes of a customer
- Reminding all staff that “the little things” do matter greatly
- How to deal with out-of-the-ordinary customer requests
- The importance of acknowledging customers at every opportunity
- The importance of being visibly helpful and considerate, and of anticipating customer needs
Effects will be greater and longer lasting when training is combined with an ongoing programme of Mystery Shopping, with feedback and recognition for strong performance.